Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for October, 2010

I can’t believe it,  I actually got another pair of Sanquhar gloves done in record time for me.  This pair only took me six months to get knitted.  All that needs to be done now is to get them blocked.  I used the S.W.R.I. pattern for the Sanquhar gloves in the Shepherd’s Plaid design.  I spun the yarn using wensleydale wool, knit on OO size dp needles, the fingers were knit on 4″ size O bamboo dp’s.   I made some changes in the pattern as I was working on them, so there are visible differences between the right and left back of hand patterning, plus I didn’t do the cuff.  This was a difficult pattern for me to  follow, but after charting out the details and a lot of cursing I managed to get through them.

Read Full Post »